Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A twitch in time saves nine

My left eye has been twitching suddenly at odd times since the last 4 days. A friend of mine had the same problem but it went away. I was curious and did some googling. Here's what I found out:
A twitching muscle in the eyelid is extremely common. Its medical name is myokymia. In the vast majority of cases it is a completely benign condition that is self- limiting and disappears within a few weeks at most. The list of common possible causes includes: fatigue, lack of sleep and others.

I was satisfied but couldn't stop reading......
Benign Blepharospasm or eyelid spasm usually begins gradually due to emotional stresses, affects both eyes, and disappears during sleep. Treatment is through botulinum toxin (Botox) injections. Emotional stresses?...if you don't count formatting my Hard Disk as one...then..none whatsoever. And BOTOX? Isn't it for really old and stinking rich people who think they can play with Einstein's equations and reverse time?

You can get an eye-twitch from too much coffee. Try cutting down and see.
Coffee and me....naaaa....

It may also be due to a neurological disorder called FMS&MPS Complex. Eye twitching is a common symptom of people suffering from FMS&MPS. See a doctor.
No chance. I haven't seen a single complex since my IInd semester maths course. And I see plenty of doctors everyday (ones with PhDs) and believe me...they can hurt more than a silly eye twitch...

An excess of toxic heavy metals in the body such as mercury, aluminum, lead, cadmium and copper can lead to neurological irritation, and twitching.
It is quite possible.... I have been listening to Slipknot, Rammstein and Metallica a lot this week. That's a large dose of metal.


Twitching occurs as a result of an overwrought nervous system unloading impulses. It is most common during rest from stress and strain.Some people claim that cannabis is effective for relieving muscle spasms in general.
Now that's why I like "Some" people.


Things such as bright light or light wind can bring on the twitches.
So?....should I stay in my room all day with the lights switched off or what?


Magnesium works well for this too, but be careful not to take too much if you take supplements. You can get lethargic, slow pulse from taking too much.
Oh My God!!!...I must have fallen into a drum of Magnesium in my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment