Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A future called Radhika

Hi. An old friend of mine wanted me to tell his readers stuff about myself. God knows for what reason! This had better reflect nicely on me Rahul…!! (glares with mock anger).
Ok. My name is Radhika. My friends call me The Radical!! ‘Cause I’m so rebellious like, you know. I wore this black nail polish and black tee, black jeans and black shoes to school once. The whole thing cost about 4000 bucks I guess... but it was worth it. All the teachers were shocked! Hehe. I’ll be finishing my +2 next year . I get good grades most of the time. And I play great basketball. I usually come home late from school ‘cause my mom is sooo busy with the neighbouring aunties. They are involved in some food and old clothing kinda work for underprivileged kids. And every day, mom either goes to that slum or to the salon to get ready for the weekly committee meetings. So, Rani, our 15 year old maid welcomes me home daily. But I don’t really stay long. Come on yaar. There are, like, 3 new restaurants opening every week, and my friends and I are, like the unofficial hangout-critics of my city. Besides, if there’s no new eat-out to visit, we all hang around in CafĂ© Mocha and check out guys. Hehe. But I get back home before my dad comes. That’s at about 9 30PM. ‘Cause he’s promised a car for me as soon as I finish my +2 board and I’m maintaining a good impression (wink). That reminds me. My friend crashed her car last Tuesday while I was in it…!! It was, like, oh my god, scary. But very thrilling. Hehe. And so sad, y’know. ‘Cause all my friends used to visit the mall every weekend in that Accent together. Sigh… Anyway, now, her boyfriend has to take us. But hey… I don’t buy stuff, like, every time we go there. I just pick up new shoes or a new cd if I really feel like it. That’s all. Oh ya… Her boyfriend has an iPhone y’know… and I stare at it so much, he probably thinks I’m hitting on him. Hehe. My fone is so old y’know. 1 whole year with an N73M. Kya karein. The troubles of my life. When my mom gets her iPhone 3G, she’s gonna give me her N95. But yuck! I hate second-hands. After shopping last weekend, my dad took us to this new place for dinner, it was a theme restaurant. A jungle safari with flames everywhere and the waiters dressed like Shikaris . They served food in big bowels and we had to drink water from flasks like in a jungle. It was sooo cool. Of course, it was pretty expensive. And the food was weird. I made dad order some takeaway from McD after we came out of there.

“In India, I found a race of mortals living upon the Earth, but not adhering to it, inhabiting cities, but not being fixed to them, possessing everything, but possessed by nothing” ---- Apollonius Tyanaeus

“Apparently, that race is now host to a parasite called Artifice. Hosts die. Gradually.” ---- Rahul

7 comments:

  1. :)
    i have nothing to say!! :)
    Nice post. do u meet ppl like this frequently in ur day to day life??

    ReplyDelete
  2. good work rahul ji...vry nice.
    a dark sarcasm. too good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Revs
    Everyday. Everyday I see 1 billion+ Indians screaming, struggling, fighting to become Radhika.

    @ Shikhar
    (takes a bow)

    @ FFW
    Along with a lack of understanding of how to form english sentences, you seem to also suffer from a lack of... well... understanding.
    (This, my friend, is called a cute dose of 'caustic sarcasm' of which I'm such a big fan)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. caustic sarcasm...yes..
    but i notice a slight tone of contempt...what happened to your dogma of being at ease with a huge variety of people... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Volumes.... no no.... Bhagavat Gitas can be written about my being at ease with people.

    However, to answer you... the tone is not contempt. It is simply disbelief at how so much artifice is possible for any human being.

    ReplyDelete