Thursday, February 15, 2007

My First Love

This is either a poem or an ode,
Platonic love, yes, that's the word.
I was a mere boy, true,
But she was a fairy for sure,
Her hair, when it flew with the wind,
Her walk, gliding on air it seemed,
Her anger flared, Venus in fury,
And then, she melted, ever so slowly
It was the way she said my name,
Rahul, don't worry I'm fine.
Her eyes hinting a lingering smile,
Breathless, I felt like I'd run a mile.
Once, I made her cry,
Her tears, I thought I'd die.
She looked so weak and tender,
My only wish, to comfort her,
The way her hand felt in mine,
I was lost forever in time.
What I felt, I knew not then,
Now I do, It was an innocent heart's love.

2 comments:

  1. ahem!!good one..pray may i ask who this "fairy" is?? LOL!!:D:D.i promise i wont tease u!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An old faint yet well preserved memory. That's all I can tellya. Besides my brain is highly compartmentalized and this compartment is air, water and people proof. :D

    ReplyDelete