Thursday, February 22, 2007

TAG 3... Please no more tags!!!!

I believe I'm suffering from writer's blo(g)ck. For quite a while now. That hasn't stopped me from reading other's blogs and the result.... I've been tagged. So here goes.

5 THINGS ABOUT ME THE WORLD DOESN'T KNOW:
1. When I'm on my pc, 3 out 5 times you'll find me sorting mail into folders or organizing files on HD.
Reason: I have a Monica-ish streak embedded somewhere deep inside me. Take for example my mail. I have 3 different active mail ids. I - read or mark as read or delete or categorize into folders - every mail that enters the inbox. The "You have 12 new messages" ticker makes me uneasy. I don't know why I do this.
2. Ask me to speak in Telugu and I will do so very reluctantly.

Reason: I have almost completely lost the ability to form coherent sentences in my mother tongue. I mix either English or Hindi in it. When forced I have to restrain myself from blurting out telugu profanities that have become integrated into my Telugu due to my staying in a hostel(will blog about this another time).
3. When I have a cold or even a moderately high fever, don't expect to find any medicines at my bedside.

Reason: I dislike all medicines because I think - stupid as it may sound - that they make my immune system weaker. Also, I believe common colds and fevers get cured by themselves. I still do.
4. I always sleep with the fan ON.Reason: I simply can't sleep in complete silence. I find the ceiling fan's noise soothing. I need a fan's noise more than its mosquito driving ability or its wind generating ability. So, irrespective of the weather outside, my fan stays ON. In fact, since alarms never worked for me, my mom used to switch OFF the fan to wake me up in the morning.
Lastly, the strangest thing......
5. I love and hate water.

Here's how..... I hate getting my feet wet in bathrooms unless I'm taking a bath which is almost never. I also hate wetting my hands or face and carry a towel to dry off immediately after I finish washing them. On the other hand, I adore swimming or playing in the water on beaches. When I was a kid, I used to literally beg my dad to let me go into the water on the beach.

And now, I tag Raghavan, Krish, Nimbi and anyone else who read till the end.

3 comments:

  1. .....i am coming here to give you a slight distraction......that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Oberon
    Thank you for your distraction..... It's really working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm thnkng i'll gv u my yahoo n gmail pwd for a day or so..i hv 710 unread msgs on yahoo n 1114 in gmail..smone plzzzzzz sort them for me :(( u cud say im joey!!
    and yes even my dad switshes OFF the fan in the morng to wake me up!!!

    ReplyDelete