Monday, February 23, 2009

IIFthar Party

Round 1: IIFT

I was told only bravehearts survive this one. Yet I charged ahead. It was after all the beginning of my crusade. I was young and hot-blooded. I actually smiled when the bell rang and thought, “Let the games begin.” How was I to know?

What followed can be summed up in an oft heard Bush-ism... Shock And Awe.

Section 1(Reasoning) -- 32 Qs - 0.8 Marks per Q - 25.6 Marks
Section 2(Quant) -------- 27 Qs - 0.7 Marks per Q - 18.9 Marks
Section 3(DI) ------------- 26 Qs - 0.8 Marks per Q - 20.8 Marks
Section 4(RC) ------------ 12 Qs - 0.8 Marks per Q - 9.6 Marks
Section 5(VA) ------------ 23 Qs - 0.7 Marks per Q - 16.1 Marks
Section 6(GK) ------------ 30 Qs - 0.3 Marks per Q - 9 Marks

Tick-tock tick-tock. I could not stop staring at this table on the first page. The numbers… the marks… Even Ishaan Awasti would’ve been proud of the highly synchronized dance numbers that these numbers put up for my benefit. In those 120 mins, I probably bested the swear-word frequency record I set while watching KANK.

Expectedly, I wasn’t shortlisted for the GD/PI… And thank goodness for that!

Coming Next: Ay! CAT-aramba!

No comments:

Post a Comment