Monday, February 23, 2009

CATatonia.... (EPISODE I)

As you are all (.i.e. the dozen, patient, long-suffering readers of my blog) fully aware, these days, my posts begin with an apology for my prolonged absence and end with a promise of a comeback. But the coming few posts are definitely gonna make it worth your while. You will all get an exclusive one-on-one with my MBA-aspiring alter-ego who managed to write the 15 million MBA related exams available for public consumption in India.

This year(Strike 3... the year 2008), I wrote IIFT, CAT, XAT, SNAP, NMAT and FMS. But in spite of overwhelming public demand, I skipped JMET. Why? Apparently, the IITs don't appreciate the skill involved in MANAGING 4 years of rave parties, college politics, cultural events and computer games along with a 6 point GPA. They only want 7 pointers. And the consequences? Come on.... everyone knows the potency of an uncontrolled, unchained maggu. Maggus, by definition, love numbers and statistics. So, whether from IIM-A or IIT-B, they ultimately form the number-crunching backbone of Merill Lynch or Lehmnan Bros and successfully engineer(no prizes for guessing).... A GLOBAL RECESSION! Yipee! So... damn the IITs!

Pathetic, I know, and yet so true.
Anyway... I seem to be digressing.... I'll begin with MY CAT-tales...

Coming Next: IIFThar party.

5 comments:

  1. Dont blame IIT's ; its the only place you can sit for years doing nothing!!

    By the way Rahulji I pretty well know u cant clear CAT and JMET ... lolz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, thank you for your wonderful insight on my capabilities. I am now enlightened and will stay in my limits. :P

    Secondly, engineering at an IIT and MBA at an IIT are like chess and kabbadi respectively.

    In the first game, you gotta mentally outsmart your opponent .i.e. the professors. In the second one, from the time you step into the arena you need to hold your breath and run around. The minute you stop to take a breath, you're out.

    PS: On this blog, I am R@hul. Not Rahulji.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cpmmon on man whom are you kidding; everything is the same crap; you pretty well know that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, I thank you for your enlightening thoughts on this issue. But that is exactly my point. The keyword being 'crap'. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no you are changing the topic; i said engg and MBA are same

    ReplyDelete